Sunday 23 October 2016

Kia Club Series- Interlagos

A mixed meeting for the 4X Racing Kia Optima. Didn't get on with the Interlagos circuit and only qualified 31st. Got caught up in an incident on lap one which saw my car soar up in the air and over the circuit railing. Took a tow and ended up finishing in 33rd place.

Race two saw me start 31st after penalties were applied. Was a massive crash again lap one which I got caught in but this time was able to bring car back to the pits, the safety car was deployed so took the fast repair and came out 18th. Caught a couple of cars in front of me napping during the restart and got up to 16th, where I battled hard to keep 16th just finishing ahead of Tristan Boddice. Second race was by far best part of the night, got a decent result when I probably didn't deserve it as the pace just wasn't there. Next week the Kia Club series visits Bathurst, that should be fun!

Dan Blake

No comments:

Post a Comment