Monday 17 October 2016

I ran the Classic Indycar Series race at Mount Panorama last night.  The CIS run full length race distances using the older Dallara Indycar circa. 2011, so I had a full 47 laps of the daunting Mount Panorama track to look forward to.

Wasn't feeling at my best before the start, my muscles and joints were ready to call it a day, but I decided to take the start anyway.  The chances were I'd be out early on as the Indycar over the mountain is not for the feint hearted...!

Decided to play a waiting game, so didn't go hard in qualifying, just setting a time.  That saw me start 10th out of 10 starters.  Two crashed over the mountain on the opening lap, plus I passed three others, so at the end of the opening lap I was in 5th.  By lap 11 I was up to 2nd overall and quite bemused at this as these guys are fast... really fast...!

I just drove my own race, keeping my nose clean, staying out of trouble and brought it home 3rd overall with 0x too.  Well chuffed with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment